Sales automation AI is the term used to describe artificial intelligence technology in sales. The use of this technology has seen wide-spread adoption in today’s digital age, with many companies using machine learning algorithms to automate certain aspects of their sales process.
Read in this article:
- What is Sales Automation?
- Types of Sales Automation AI
- the Benefits of Sales Automation AI
- How to Start Using AI for Automated Sales
- Five Best AI Tools to Automate Sales Process
The benefits that come from implementing AI into a business are huge, as it not only saves businesses time and money but also increases overall efficiency and productivity throughout the entire organization.
To get started with AI-driven sales automation you should understand what automation is, how it works, and what benefits it can offer your company. You should start by learning about the types of approaches that are available for sales automation be before implementing any system for your company.
What is Sales Automation?
In sales management, automation refers to a process of using software, digital tools and algorithms to automate certain tasks within a sales engagement. Everything from engagement development to lead nurturing to qualification and follow-up can be handled more effectively through the use of automation technologies, particularly when it comes to increasing efficiency and reducing cost.
There are many types of AI-powered sales automation software available on the market today. It can be a confusing process for a company that is just starting out with AI in their business, however, there are a few specific types that more commonly used in order to streamline operations.
How AI Improves Sales Automation
Artificial intelligence has the potential to improve sales effectiveness in a variety of ways, including:
- Improving sales process – AI can be used to analyze data about the sales process, allowing your sales team to quickly identify patterns in your pipeline, which will allow them to make adjustments where necessary. This allows the team to improve their overall engagement efficiency.
- Optimizing lead generation – Lead generation is an important aspect of any business that relies on consumer demand. AI can be used to optimize lead generation by monitoring website traffic, customer interactions and social media mentions, which will allow the team to know when it’s time for them to reach out and follow up with potential buyers who could turn into clients.
- Improving prospecting data – AI can be used to manage prospecting data by automating and enhancing various aspects of it, such as lead capture, update processes and customer sentiment analysis. This allows the business to track and analyze trends in the marketing and sales process so that they can improve future outreach efforts.
Types of Sales Automation AI
There are three main ways that artificial intelligence technology is being implemented in today’s businesses for sales automation: intelligent bots, predictive algorithms, and marketing deep learning. Let’s review each.
1. Intelligent bots
Referring to them as AI bots might be a bit deceiving, as intelligent bots do not use artificial intelligence at all. Instead, what these systems are doing is harnessing the power of natural language processing (NLP) to create highly automated digital AI assistants that act like humans helping with sales engagement to increase productivity and reduce costs.
There are many different types of intelligent sales bots available on the market today. The most common types include:
- Chatbots. These bots are available on a variety of messaging channels, such as Facebook Messenger, Slack, SMS and many more. They provide fully automated text-based customer service and allow businesses to provide their customers with information and answer routine questions. For example, Facebook Messenger alone has over 27,000 chatbots available that serve about 10% of its 1 trillion monthly users.
- Intelligent virtual assistants (IVAs). IVAs take the form of virtual characters that use machine learning algorithms and natural language processing to become more human-like in their interactions with users. IVAs have become a common feature of many digital platforms, such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home. There are millions of people interacting with these assistants every day.
- Intelligent phone bots. These bots function similarly to IVAs, however, instead of being voice activated they work by way of a traditional phone call interface. Many businesses have started using intelligent phone bots as a way to streamline and improve their customer support and sales engagement processes, with over 22 percent having already implemented one.
2. Predictive analytics
Predictive analytics is a branch of AI that uses existing CRM data sets along with machine learning algorithms to predict future outcomes with a high level of accuracy. Marketing predictive analytics focuses on patterns of behavior within your sales team that can indicate whether or not they will succeed in closing an opportunity with a particular prospect.
Predictive analytics is the most commonly used strategy for marketing and sales automation, as it has been shown to have benefits across every aspect of the sales cycle from lead generation to engagement development.
It is also an excellent way for companies to strategically build out their data-driven approach, as it helps determine what information is most important for making better insights and more informed decision.
3. Machine learning systems
The third method for implementing AI in sales engagement is through machine learning systems, which are highly automated algorithms that learn and improve over time.
This type of system is becoming more common in sales and digital marketing, as it can provide a strategic advantage when it comes to helping businesses make sense of their data based on the differences found between customers.
This approach helps companies to implement more dynamic and scalable methods of business improvement designed to maximize sales efficiency while avoiding the pitfalls of past trends.
What are the Benefits of Sales Intelligence AI?
Sales management is no longer an activity that only focuses on the sales rep. Instead, sales management is constantly evolving to include other aspects of the business, including marketing and customer service. The use of artificial intelligence for sales automation allows businesses to constantly improve their results through data-driven insights.
1. Increased efficiency and productivity. There are countless examples of companies that have drastically improved their efficiency with the use of AI for sales automation since its introduction.
For example, one of the most common use cases for this technology is to initiate and identify leads. Sales AI can initiate data-driven leads that are then vetted by sales people who often follow up with leads submitted by the system. The end result? More leads that convert into opportunities, which means more business.
2. Lower costs and higher sales. When businesses implement sales automation AI technology, they can expect to see lower costs and increased sales with the additional efficiency that results from the data-driven development of predictive models and algorithms.
For example, a company that uses AI for its sales automation approach is able to better understand the reasons behind the success of its prospects and how they interact with their customers in order to upsell additional products and services.
3. Impressive reports and statistics. Sales intelligence data is no longer relegated to Excel spreadsheets, as many companies now use artificial intelligence to develop insightful reports and increase their transparency for all areas of their business including marketing, operations and customer service.
For example, Salesforce Einstein provides companies with advanced analytics to help them gain insight into the performance of their teams and their sales pipeline.
4. More profitable campaigns. Using AI for sales automation can also help businesses to create highly targeted and personalized marketing campaigns that improve the odds of making a sale. Digital marketing is an excellent example of this, as companies can use data from their customers to create highly informed and precise market segmentation to make the most out of every campaign.
For example, using a predictive model based on machine learning algorithms businesses can predict what a customer might be interested in before they even know it themselves.
How to Start Using AI for Automated Sales?
Most companies now have a sales enablement strategy that includes AI as a component of their selling process, but the general consensus is that building out an AI-driven sales strategy isn’t easy or straightforward.
Here are four ways to start using AI in your sales engagement:
- Identify the right use cases. The first step is to identify which use cases will be most useful for your business. There are many different ways that businesses can begin evaluating what technologies will work best for their marketing and sales processes, but some of the most common uses include lead generation, prospecting, campaign monitoring, and behavioral analytics.
- Build a pilot program. Once you have identified the use cases for your business you can begin implementing a pilot program to help people understand how AI can be used to improve your business’s pipeline management process.
For example, a company might initiate a pilot program that uses artificial intelligence technology to research leads and then follows up with leads from salespeople who have been assigned to the leads based on their experience and results from previous engagements.
- Partner with an expert. Next, you want to build out your AI-driven sales strategy is to find an expert who can help you with integration and development of your strategy along with supporting technology depending on the approach that best fits your business requirements.
- Build a sales automation CRM system. Most companies have a sales automation system that they have been relying on for years. In most cases, these systems are built around Excel spreadsheets and CRM software, which means they do not currently take advantage of the intelligence of all the customer data available within their systems.
In order to increase your company’s efficiency, you will need to build a robust AI-driven sales automation solution that includes predictive modeling and data analytics. This is an exciting time for businesses who can use AI to drive greater efficiency and productivity in their businesses through the use of advanced machine learning techniques.
5 Best AI Tools to Automate Sales Process
AI is a strategic and transformative technology. It is an important part of modern business strategy and getting started with AI can be very daunting, especially when you consider the fact that there are so many options out there.
But if you carefully consider your needs and needs of your business, it’s possible to narrow down the list to the best products on the market that will get you started on your path to selling effectively with AI.
- Salesforce Einstein is a smart, cloud-based AI platform at the heart of every Salesforce offering. It gives you access to data from any source, including CRM data, call center conversations and social media activity. In addition to tackling day-to-day business needs, Salesforce Einstein can also generate predictions about future customer or employee behavior based on past behavior and other variables.
- Zapier is a powerful API tool to automate business processes with any application. It’s the easiest way for you to create connections between different applications from your phone or computer. Within minutes, you can set up “zaps” that trigger an action automatically as soon as a new contact is added to your CRM, for example.
- Microsoft Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that allows you to visualize data and share information across multiple platforms. Power BI also has a handy tool called Power BI insights which automatically creates a model based on your CRM data and then recommends actions that may be helpful to your sales and marketing campaigns.
- Gong.io is an AI-powered sales software meant to help sales professionals understand the value of their customers’ interactions with the brand, so you can improve your revenue forecasts, qualify leads and close more deals.
- Marketo CRM – you can easily automate routine tasks across your marketing and sales pipelines. It is a complete marketing automation solution for B2B marketers and sales teams. Marketo CRM offers automated messaging, lead nurturing, email marketing, analytics and reporting powered by artificial intelligence.
Using artificial intelligence for sales automation can help businesses reduce costs and increase productivity while improving workflows that help generate more relevant results from every engagement.
With AI for sales automation, companies can create highly accurate and scalable lead generation and marketing campaigns that help them to connect with more customers and close more deals.
AI technology is transforming digital marketing and sales. It provides companies with a strategic advantage when it comes to improving their overall efficiency, especially when used alongside other methods such as predictive analytics and machine learning systems.